Thursday, June 28, 2012

S#!t's and Giggles

I know I just blogged the other day, but I feel as though I am on a roll (thanks to all the positive feedback :). Of course, after I said that Elle doesn't interact much with Harlan, I was able to catch her in a playful moment with him and nab a picture.
 Even better, I got a video of the interaction...a proud mommy moment.


Harlan's belly laughs are cute enough to make even the most bitter housewife giggle. I am amazed at the sense of humor this kid has at 5 months. I can only imagine the class clown he will be in his school years. Although I didn't know Brandon "back in the day", I have heard that he was quite the classroom jokester. He still is King of dishing out nicknames, and one heck of a voice impersonator. He is looking over my shoulder as I type this, and he says he does not do impersonations. Good thing, I said "voice" impersonator. You know like, a jersey man's accent, a 7-11 worker, etc... He is very weary of me writing anything about him, but I told he he needs to lighten up. I should be giving myself the same advice.

I have never been one to hold back my thoughts, and lately I am having a hard time holding back my anger too. I am a short fuse. I blame the sleep deprivation. Just as Harlan started sleeping better (still not through the night), Elle started waking up at night. Ain't that the s#!t's. I should say that I have been VERY lucky with her thus far. It has only been a few weeks to where she has even got off her bed ever. Really! We used to walk out of her room (after reading books...etc), close the door and she would stay on her bed until we came into to get her in the morning. If she woke up, she would just talk and play by herself. Amazing I know. Well, not anymore. Now, she is playing her cards. " I am thirsty", " I have spicy mouth" (whatever that means), "I need to go to the bathroom", "I am scared of the dark", blah blah blah. The door now has to be open, and I have been getting bedside visits in the wee hours of the morning with bathroom trips. Oy vey. If it's not one, it's the other. I am nipping it in the bud, now... rewards, rewards, rewards. I will keep you posted on my efforts. So far, there has been vast improvement! There is a giraffe "Dream lite" in our future. Just what she needs, another animal... At least this one lights up.
I spoke too soon...pitter patter down the hallway as I type. Really? Just go to bed!

2 comments:

  1. This sounds very familiar...Olivia plays the exact same cards. I made the mistake of getting her a dream light before I made the "sleep in your own bed" chart. So far, she hasn't earned one sticker...looks like she might be five before she earns her reward of pierced ears.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Couldn't figure out how to comment before. Love having Ashley back, and being able to keep up with the fam. Love you guys!!
    Kristine

    ReplyDelete